If your business uses many numerous SKU’s, these type of gravity-driven systems are a perfect application. Inventory rotation is ensured with First-In/First-Out basis.
The main advantage of carton flow rack over static rack or shelving systems is that merchandise remains better organized and easier to find/pick. Separating the loading aisle from the retrieval aisle allows pickers to operate more efficiently. When a carton is removed from the picking station, the next one in line rolls to the front. Carton flow always keeps items within reach. Inventory is easier to monitor and control since products are fully visible at all times.
Carton Flow Rack and why you may need it.
Restocking and picking typically offer the greatest opportunity for improving efficiency within order picking operations. With up to 75% labor reduction by utilizing carton flow rack, savings can be realized immediately. Because items are picked from the front and stocked from the rear, both functions can be performed without interference and with minimized travel.
In a static storage system such as standard shelving, the stockers and pickers are often doing a lot of unnecessary travel.
Did you know the typical Carton Flow system uses about half the floor space than standard pallet rack occupies, and the difference can be more dramatic with multi-level systems?
• Optimum cart flow on innovative Interroll wheel tracks fitted with full-width steel axles
• Ergonomically optimized picking processes
• Traceability thanks to production coding on each wheel track
• Easy stock management based on the FIFO principle
• Picking performance increased by up to 65% compared to conventional small parts shelving
• Space-saving of up to 35 % compared to conventional small parts shelving
• Return on investment within 2 years
• Gravity Flow equals zero energy consumption to operate
Source: Interroll , wikipedia ,